Welcome back to the latest installment of Meet an Invader! I’m a little biased in this introduction – Kevin Taylor is the Editor-in-Chief of the other Invasion site, Sports Invasion, a contributing writer here, and also, my husband. He’s got an encyclopedic knowledge about sports, South Park, How I Met Your Mother, and a handful of other shows that he’s watched dozens and dozens of times.
I don’t want to get too superlative here, so instead I’ll let his answers speak for themselves.
1. What drew you to the Screen Invasion team, over other bigger and older entertainment websites?
The people involved in the project are both easy going and hard working. That’s a rare and quality combination to have.
2. Briefly describe what you write about for the site for our readers- movies, music, news, reviews, your regular feature etc.
I mainly focus on sportsinvasion.net, where I’m the editor-in-chief, but I also write recaps for How I Met Your Mother, SYTYCD, ABDC, and the occasional movie review.
3. What’s one pop culture goal you want to accomplish before the world ends? (Mayan calendar predicts the apocalypse will be 12/21/2012)
It’s not necessarily pop culture, but getting a high five from Matt Barkley would be awesome.
4. What’s your desert island movie and why?
For TV, it would be South Park. There’s so much of it that I wouldn’t get bored, and every time I watch it, I laugh at something new. Brillant show. For movie, probably 40 Year Old Virgin or Step Brothers. They are two of my favorite comedies, and that’s always been my favorite movie genre.
5. What’s your background in writing?
I’ve had a passion for writing and talking for as long as I can remember. I started writing articles for my high school news paper, and I haven’t stopped since. Hardly a day goes by that I don’t write something, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
6. What’s your guilty pleasure flick or TV show?
Guilty TV show is definitely Jersey Shore. There’s just something so enthralling about it – I can’t look away. For music, I’ve always been a somewhat open fan of boy bands. Not much beats NSYNC or BSB at karaoke. And for movies, I loved watching Can’t Hardly Wait growing up.
7. When you aren’t writing and watching movies/playing games/listening to music – what do you do for fun?
That’s literally all I do for fun. But seriously, sports has always been my go to thing, whether it’s playing or watching them. And in recent years, I’ve gotten pretty good at poker too.
8. If you could have dinner with 3 fictional characters – who would it be and why? What would you want to talk about?
Charlie Day from Always Sunny, Ricky Bobby from Taladega Nights, and Heath Ledger’s Joker. I would want to find out which one of the three is the craziest.