Last week, we brightened up some readers’ weekend plans with The Avengers Drinking Game. This week, the latest Thirsty Thursday brings not only a drinking game for the film, but also a special cocktail for the occasion! The Princess Bride was one of my favorite movies as a kid, so it makes total sense to enjoy it with some drinks as an adult! Starring Cary Elwes at his hottest, the beautiful Robin Wright, and hilarious stints from Billy Crystal, Wallace Shawn, Andre The Giant, and Mandy Patinkin it’s no wonder it’s a clear 80s classic.
Print out this handy rule sheet from Drinking Cinema:
- Someone speaks of “True Love.”
- Enemies take a break from stabbing each other or crushing each other’s heads with small boulders and participate in a bit of light banter!
- Dread Pirate Roberts is mentioned.
- A very cute Fred Savage interrupts the story. Double drink if he sasses his grandpa! Don’t hold the eye-rolling against him too much. It is a kissing book, after all.
- You see GIANT HANDS. We imagine hanging out with Andre the Giant on the set of this movie must have been the greatest thing ever.
- Prince Humperdinck is being a real douche.
- There are imaginary monsters or places.
- Waterfall for the hard fall! Bonus points if you can simultaneously yell AAAAS YOUUUUUU WIIIIIIISH!!
- Waterfall for water torture. Nobody withstands… The Machine.
- Knock back a swig whenever someone gets knocked out! Bonus bonus points if you don’t get blackout during this movie.
And this week, instead of sticking with your regular beer or rum & coke, try The Buttercup:
Enjoy the drinking game and drop us a comment if you have any rules you add when you play it!
Find Kristal Bailey directly on Twitter: Follow @kristal_bailey