The Big Lebowski is a huge cult classic nowadays so it’s hard to remember that it wasn’t that big a deal when it hit theaters. We’ve seen it so many times on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming, summer screenings under the stars, and every which way but loose. Now that the movie’s basically been memorized, the best way to enjoy it anew is to pair it with this sweet drinking game!
Print out the rules, courtesy of Drinking Cinema:
- The dude refers to himself as “The Dude” or just says “dude.”
- The nihilists are seen or mentioned.
- Walter Sobchak gets angry and starts yelling. If you know Walter like we do, you know that it doesn’t take much to set him off.
- The Dude will not stop talking about that rug. But it did tie the room together, so we can kind of see why he’s so fixated on it.
- Walter turns an everyday conversation into a rant about the Vietnam War. But can you blame him? Walter’s buddies didn’t die face down in the muck to NOT be the center of every conversation.
- The Dude mixes himself up a new White Russian. Many think that the drink of choice for this drinking game is the White Russian. These people are either wrong or have a death wish, as that would surely kill you.
- The Dude’s sprawled out on a couch or chair.
- Walter tells Donny to “shut the fuck up.”
Aiming to forget your troubles?
- Every time someone asks a person to clarify what they’re talking about.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman laughs nervously.
- Celebrate every strike with a triumphant toast!
Not in the mood to watch The Big Lebowski? See the other films we’ve featured on Thirsty Thursdays.
For movie news and booze, follow Kristal Bailey directly on Twitter: Follow @kristal_bailey