With yesterdays’ late breaking news that a Gremlins reboot is in the works, I figured that today would be the perfect time to relive the awesomeness that is the original film. No modern day remake is going to capture the magic of an adorable Gizmo and the hijinks that ensue when the Mogwai rules are broken.
Print out the Gremlins Drinking Game rules from our friends at Drinking Cinema:
- Some gweilo effs up and breaks one of the three VERY SIMPLE rules that the little boy CLEARLY explained and are really NOT THAT HARD to follow.
- You see one of Mr. Peltzer’s awesome inventions. Take an extra swig if it actually works for a second.
- There is an obvious Christmas reference. Your willingness to drink will define what “obvious” means to you.
- Gizmo or one of the gremlins talks.
- A bunch of stuff gets thrown at the wall. Gremlins just LOVE to throw stuff! It’s in their nature.
- Gizmo frowns hard. Double drink if it’s a really judge-y little frown. Gizmo, just because YOU don’t want to eat chicken after midnight, hatch out of a disgusting slime pod and kill a bunch of humans doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t enjoy ourselves!
- A gremlin kills someone or gets killed.
Partying hard tonight? Take extra drinks whenever:
- Thoughtfully sip every time you see an 80′s PSA poster. For those of you too young to remember these, Public Service Announcements were vitally important messages about the environment, unions, how to avoid getting electrocuted, etc., typically delivered by a man in a giant animal costume, like “Only You Can Prevent Forrest Fires!”
Read more Thirsty Thursdays.
For more entertainment news and reviews, be sure you follow Kristal Bailey and Screen Invasion on Twitter: