The Wolf of Wall Street is sure to be one of the year’s best films and the soundtrack is definitely up there as one of the best movie soundtracks of the year. One of the big reasons why it’s so great is the fact that it has plenty of old school songs that will surely make us get up and dance – with songs by Billy Joel, Bo Diddley, Eartha Kitt, and The Lemonheads to name a few. There are modern renditions and original classics on the album.
My favorite songs on the soundtrack are “Mrs. Robinson” by The Lemonheads, “Dust My Broom” by Elmore James, and “Pretty Thing” by Bo Diddley. Those songs have a mixture of blues, rock, contemporary and old school country blues that make you want to get up and jam! These songs are such classics that although I did pick favorites, the whole soundtrack is brilliant. Judging by the trailer for the film, the music is going to make the film feel vibrant and exciting. It’s definitely a different genre road for director Martin Scorsese.
Official Track Listing:
- Mercy, Mercy, Mercy! – Cannonball Adderley
- Dust My Broom – Elmore James
- Bang! Bang! – Jo Cuba
- Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song) – Billy Joel
- C’est Si Bon – Eartha Kitt
- Goldfinger – Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
- Pretty Thing – Bo Diddley
- Moonlight in Vermont – Ahmad Jamal Trio
- Smokestack Lightening – Howlin’ Wolf
- Hey Leroy, Your Mama’s Callin’ You – Jimmy Castor
- Double Dutch – Malcolm McLaren
- Never Say Never – Romeo Void
- Meth Lab Zoso Sticker – 7Horse
- Road Runner – Bo Diddley
- Mrs. Robinson – The Lemonheads
- Cast Your Fate to the Wind – Allen Toussaint
The soundtrack is available on iTunes now and will be able to buy on January 7th, 2014 in stores. Have you bought the soundtrack on iTunes yet? Will you be buying it? Leave your comments in the comments section below!