Thirsty Thursdays: STARSHIP TROOPERS Drinking Game
Today marks the 15th anniversary of the release of the cult favorite Starship Troopers! Featuring a very young Neil Patrick Harris and starring Casper Van Dien and Denise Richards. While many love the campy acting and special effects, there are definitely those who never saw its greatness and will need a few drinks to get through it. And that, my friends, is why Thirsty Thursdays is here!
Print out the rules, courtesy of Drinking Cinema:
- You hear the word “Roughnecks.” Death from Above!
- Rico gets dissed! Some guys just can’t catch a break.
- There is a BRUTAL BUG KILL (man on bug or bug on man).
- Dizz wants Rico BAD. Seriously, what is Johnny’s problem? Ok, so she has frizzy side-curls. But she also likes football. AND loves to show off her tits. She is the perfect woman.
- Someone loses, or has lost, a limb.
- A cadet gets seriously effed up. You know what they say about training camp: if the food doesn’t kill ya… then your Career Sergeant breaking your arm/choking you/throwing a knife into your hand just might.
- Someone says “citizen.”
- You get to watch a new government-sponsored public service announcement. THE FUTURE IS NOW.
- You witness bug bigotry. Years from now, we will cringe when we hear references to “more than two legs” or the derogatory epithet “bugs.” Verhoeven has truly captured an embarrassing, but important, moment in our cultural history.
Don’t plan on waking up early the next day?
- Finish your drink for co-ed showering.
- Take a swig whenever someone pulls off the infamous Flip-6 Three-Hole! Do not attempt this at home. You are not a Roughneck.
Starship Troopers not your idea of a good time? Check out our other Thirsty Thursday drinking games.