Thirsty Thursdays: THE GOONIES
Happy Thanksgiving, Invaders! To celebrate, this week’s Thirsty Thursdays pick is family friendly so the adults can enjoy some drinks and anyone under-21 can still enjoy the flick. So grab your copy of The Goonies and six-pack of a nice Portland-brewed IPA and prepare yourself for an awesome night.
Print out the rules courtesy of Drinking Cinema:
- Chunk talks about food. Personally, I see nothing wrong with continuing to eat ice cream once you discover you’ve been stuffed into a walk-in freezer with a dead body. I mean, come on — they’ve got Chocolate Explosion!
- Mikey takes a hit of his inhaler. It’s awesome that the hero of the piece is an asthmatic. Kids with asthma need role models too!
- The Goonies consult One-Eyed Willy’s map. Remember, whenever you need to consult a map, make sure everyone in your group crowds around it and starts yelling. That’s how my family does it, at least.
- You see a gadget! You know, as sweet as it is when Data’s dad says “You’re my best invention,” I have to disagree. The Pinchers of Power fucking saved his life.
- The Goonies all yell at the same time. I consider it the greatest regret of my life that I haven’t yet had a chance to scream in horror at a bunch of pirate skeletons while clutching five or six of my best friends in an underground cave.
- Somebody mentions “rich stuff.”
- One-Eyed Willy is mentioned or [SPOILER ALERT] makes an appearance.
- The Goonies encounter a booty trap! I mean booby trap! Double-drink if accompanied by a Looney Tunes sound effect (classic Chris Columbus!).
- Truffle Shuffle!
- Somebody says a word wrong.
- Chunk breaks something.
- Yell “Jerk Alert!” whenever there’s a (you guessed it!) JERK ALERT. Anyone who does not comply either has to finish their beer or change into sweatpants with shorts over ‘em.
Find Kristal Bailey directly on Twitter for more movie and booze related thoughts: Follow @kristal_bailey