SDCC ’14: 5 Thoughts on Batman ’66 Panel
Hall H wrapped up Thursday with an extensive look at Batman ’66, a redoing of the original Batman TV show. We were at the panel, and had a few thoughts on the panel itself, as well as the highly anticipated remakes. Check them out below.
1. Inkpot Awards for Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newman– The Inkpot awards are given out each year at San Diego Comic Con. Newman, West, and Ward were all presented their Inkpot awards at the panel. Read below for more information on this award.
Comic-Con International’s Inkpot Awards are given to individuals for their contributions to the worlds of comics, science fiction/fantasy, film, television, animation, and fandom services. The complete list of Inkpot Award recipients includes the year they received their award.
2. Romero’s mustache– Nicholas Romero was made famous by his role as the Joker on this TV show, and one of his most notable features was his mustache. Well we found out that he originally grew it out to try and impress an older woman. Turned out to be a bit of a calling card for him and really came out well with the Joker.
3. Limited Edition Box Set– We got a sneak peak at what the box art would look like, and it was mighty impressive. Included in the set are, amongst other things, a hot wheels batmobile, an Adam West scrap book personal photos. The box art has bright colors and a vintage poster like look. There are also 44 vintage trading cards, and UV copies of all 120 episodes. Again, a November 11th Release date for the Blu Ray and DVD remastered additions.
4. Split Screen footage– They showed some incredible split screen footage where one side was the older footage and the other side was the redone version. It’s like night and day. The original has a cloudy background, blurry faces. The new versions are crystal clear and just look amazing.
5. Bonus Features– Of course with any television box set, there are some incredible bonus features included. Some of the ones they teased were Hanging with Batman, and Holy Memorabilia Batman, where you follow three Batman memorabilla collectors items. There’s also Bats at the Round table, where Adam and celebrities at a dinner table shoot the shit and talk about the show and it’s impact on their lives.
We hope you enjoyed our thoughts on the panel, and be sure to be on the lookout on November 11th when the box set is released!